Primary Nurse Planner (PNP): Formerly Lead Nurse Planner (LNP)
Category: Advisory Committee
Impact:The PNP ensures that ILCA maintains its status as a provider of professional development for healthcare professionals, which gives ILCA the ability to educate individuals worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In the education functional area, the PNP will:
- consult with the Board of Directors (BOD) and staff on future educational offerings as requested;
- provide oversight in all areas of educational programing;
- work closely with the Executive Director and specific Board Directors (Directors) related to nurse planner duties/projects;
- monitor all educational materials for accuracy, consistency, and compliance with ILCA and the accrediting bodies policies and standards, including course and speaker materials;
- manage collaborative education projects for joint ventures in programs (e.g., inJoy);
- work closely with staff to manage incoming email and phone calls for assistance with education-related questions and requests; and
- assist as requested with promotion of education activities and review of association documents.
In the acceditation functional area, the PNP will:
- serve as the lead contact for ILCA to the accrediting bodies to which ILCA belongs;
- assist with re-accreditation cycle with ANCC;
- advise Directors on possible advances and changes in accreditation which may impact the organization (forward all emails from accrediting bodies to staff);
- oversee compliance of ILCA educational offerings with accrediting body provider regulations;
- oversee creation of all documentation to ensure requirements are met and submit documentation as needed;
- provide final approval on all accreditation documents before submission;
- work directly with staff on submission of required materials and fees;
- attend accredited body training sessions (virtual and/or in person) as requested and budgeted; and
- assist with identifying successor(s), who will “train” with PNP for 2-6 months’ time prior to rotating out of the position
In the committee functional area, the PNP will:
- serve as Chair of the Compliance Team;
- schedule periodic meetings for Nurse Planners (NPs) to train and provide input/feedback on forms, policies and procedures;
- orient and train NPs;
- appoint and train NPs in collaboration with Education & Membership Manager;
- assign NPs to review education materials on different committees and sub-committees;
- provide support to the NPs involved in all areas of ILCA programing;
- ensure that minutes are kept at every meeting and that those minutes are provided to staff for saving and distributed to members of the committee after the meeting;
- monitor the group’s progress and communicate with staff members assigned to the committee, if any; and
- resolve conflicts among NPs and the chairs of committees they work with, as needed.
In the annual conference functional area, the PNP will:
- assist with planning the educational programing for the annual conference;
- assist the Conference Program Task Force with abstract formation, evaluation and selection as well as review of and scheduling of sessions;
- serve as NP contact for general session speakers, ensuring their documentation and presentation are in compliance with ILCA and accrediting body standards and policies;
- review speaker evaluations following the conference, provide feedback, and make recommendations on process changes, as needed;
- participate in conference planning meetings, as needed;
- work closely with staff to manage incoming email and phone calls requesting assistance with education-related questions from speakers; and
- attend the annual conference to provide oversight and ensure compliance of presentations with ILCA and accrediting bodies policies and standards.
It is required that the PNP:
- is an ILCA member in good standing throughout the volunteer term.
- has a current, unencumbered nursing license (or international equivalent);
- has a graduate degree with either a baccalaureate or graduate degree in nursing (or international equivalent);
- has a commitment to active service;
- is detail oriented; and
- has prior nurse planning experience.
- Conference Call(s) scheduled on ILCA Zoom line
- Independent work
- Basecamp community site for virtual discussion
- About 20.00 hours per month for at least one (1.00) year
- Generally: 5.00 hours per week
- Occasionally: up to 20.00 hours per week (accreditation check points, abstract review, attendance at the annual conference, etc.)
- Pay the Contractor a flat rate of US$5,000.00 annually for work performed by the Contractor in compliance with this agreement (payments of $1,250.00 will be sent quarterly upon completion of each meeting – December, March, June, September);
- Pay travel, registration and standard per diem expenses for the Contractor to attend the annual ILCA conference and fulfill educational services per this agreement;
- 3 hours of training
- All Advisory Committee volunteers complete a 60-minute (1-hour) orientation training.
- The PNP will have an additional 2.0 hours of training with the Education & Membership Manager.
Staff Supervisor and Contact Information:
Deb Doepp, Education & Membership Manager
Phone Number: 919.459.6108