NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS TASK FORCE
STATEMENT OF WORK
The role of the ILCA Nominations and Elections Task Force is to identify and vet a slate of nominees to fill open positions on the Board of Directors who exemplify ILCA’s core values.
The Task Force will first convene in May 2023. Application review and scoring will be conducted in June and July 2023. A slate of nominees will be recommended to the Board by August 2023.
TASK FORCE STRUCTURE
The Task Force will consist of a non-voting Chair and up to five voting members.
The Board Liaison will designate the Chair of the Task Force. In turn, the Chair will designate the members of the Task Force in coordination with the Board Liaison.
TASK FORCE SUPPORT STRUCTURE
The ILCA Board of Directors will appoint one Board Liaison to provide interface between the Task Force and the Board. One ILCA staff member will be assigned as Staff Liaison, and one additional staff member will serve as Administrative Liaison, if needed.
The Task Force will:
- Assist in developing call for nominees for open Board positions
- Aid in reviewing and scoring all nominee applications
- Participate in interviewing potential Board candidates
- Prepare slate of nominees for Board consideration
- Assist in notifying candidates and nominees
- Develop a committee report, in collaboration with the Board Liaison, prior to Board of Directors meeting in August
- Current ILCA member
- Teamwork skills
- Experience in regional, national or international networks
- Connected with ILCA members geographically
- Understanding of ILCA’s commitment to equity and diversity
- Alert to regional and cross-cultural differences as they occur within the global breastfeeding community
- Sensitive to the challenges of ensuring equitable access to positions of leadership within ILCA for currently under-represented groups
TASK FORCE TERMS AND MEETINGS
Members will serve until their cycle of responsibilities is complete.
Work will begin in May 2023. It will end no later than September 2023.
The Task Force will meet at least once monthly and as needed throughout this period of time.